Registration FAQ's

Here you can find a wealth of answers to questions related to the registration process.

  1. When and how can I join the Antigua & Barbuda Social Security Board? [+]
    Every person is required to be registered at the Social Security Office before taking up employment in Antigua and Barbuda.  Before you are registered, you must present proof of your correct name and date of birth.  If you were born in Antigua & Barbuda, you are to submit a valid passport or a birth certificate with a photo I.D(driver’s license or voter’s I.D.  If you are a citizen by naturalization, you must present your Antiguan passport; otherwise, present your passport and a work permit in respect of the employer with whom you are to be employed and who is registered under the scheme.
  2. What are some of the information on the Registration Card? [+]
    Upon registration, you will be given a Social Security registration card which will bear your full name, date of birth, gender, registration number, photo, signature and the expiration date of the card.  It is important that you keep your card in a safe place, since the same registration number will be used throughout your life.

  3. Why do I need a Registration Card? [+]
    Each time you take up new employment, you should present your registration card to the employer who will take the relevant information and return the card to you.  This is absolutely necessary so that your contributions can be credited to the correct account, and up-to-date information is available for the prompt payment of benefits.

  4. What should I do if my name or my marital status changes? [+]
    Whenever there is a change of name or status because of marriage, divorce, or other circumstances, you should promptly submit your registration card and the relevant documents to support the changes that must be made to the Social Security Office.  

Similar items that might also be of interest:

  • Contributions FAQ's
    Here you can find answers to common questions related to contributions payable to the Social Security Board.